Thursday, February 26, 2009

my first cvs argument. . .

ok, so last time i posted about going to cvs, i mentioned getting a rain check for the neutrogena deal. they FINALLY had the product i was looking for (i went in 5 different times before they had it on the shelf), so i went to get it last night. . . well, first i'll tell you what all i got, then get into the issue i had w/ the cashier. . . just 1 transaction last night: 2 bars neutrogena original face wash, vo5 shampoo, vo5 conditioner, 250 ml cvs mouthwash. used cvs coupon for free 250 ml mouthwash and cvs coupon for $3 off any 2 shampoo or conditioners. vo5's were on sale for 77 cents each. paid $4.84, got 10 ecb's for next time! :)

Photobucket

ok, so here's the issue i had: i double checked when i got the rain check for the neutrogena deal to make sure i'd still get the ecb's to use later. they said yes, not a problem, they've done it before. ok great. so when they went to ring me up last night, they said they couldn't do it b/c my total was less than $10, so they couldn't give me ecb's. as in i couldn't earn more ecb's than i spent. then they were trying to tell me the bars of face wash ($2.99 each) weren't part of the deal b/c the deal was to buy $20 worth of neutrogena products and get 10 ecb. i told them no it wasn't, it was buy ANY 2 neutrogena products, get 10 ecb. they finally found the ad (i hadn't thought to save one from the week before, so partly my fault on that) and saw that i was right. they kept trying to tell me that they couldn't give me the 10 ecb's b/c my total wasn't enough. i FINALLY understood that what they were trying to do was take the $10 off my total right then instead of giving me an ecb print out. i told them no, i didn't expect that, i wanted the print out to use the ecb's later.

it took TWENTY MINUTES to finally get to the point where i understood their issue (b/c they never told me they were trying to apply the ecb's to the total right then). anyways, once i explained what i wanted (and KNEW they could do), they finally got it. i paid for my stuff, they printed out the receipt. then to get the ecb's, they had to scan my receipt and the register AUTOMATICALLY printed my 10 ecb. FINALLY! at least it all worked out in my favor, but geez! i was ready to leave w/out the neutrogena stuff, that didn't bother me at all, but still, it was aggravating that it took so long. they just kept saying exactly the same thing over and over again w/out trying to make their point any more clear. at least i'm smart enough that i figured it out w/out any help from them and was able to get my point across so that it got worked out in a way that made everyone happy. . .

normally the people at this cvs love me, the manager is always excited when i come in to see what kind of deals i'll get this time. . . he wasn't there though, and the 2 that WERE there weren't the brightest crayons in the box, that's for sure. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment