Monday, February 16, 2009

interesting cvs experience. . .

so i haven't been so great about going to cvs to take advantage of their deals recently, but i went today b/c they had some things i want/needed/couldn't pass up the deal. :) i didn't have any coupons this time, so i didn't do as well as i have in the past, but i still saved $ over what i'd have expected. . . thing is, i shouldn't have saved as much as i did, but the cashier messed up. . . first it was an error NOT in my favor, which they corrected. then they made an error that WAS in my favor, but didn't believe me when i pointed it out. so i walked away w/ a little more $ in my pocket than i expected. . . first, here's what i got:

1) 6 suave body washes @ $2 each, 2 crest pro-health rinse (1L bottles), 2 aussie leave-in conditioner. paid $ 27.78, earned 7 ecb.
2) high school musical 3 on dvd. used ecb from previous purchase, should have paid $ 13.90. in reality, i paid $10.68. . .

ok, so the first mistake they made was they only gave me 3 ecb when i should have earned 7. they fixed that w/ no issue. however, it wasn't till after they'd rung me up for the 2nd trasaction that i realized this. i was slightly annoyed w/ the cashier b/c instead of handing me the whole receipt w/ the ecb's on it, he tore off the ecb's and gave me what was left. so i had no idea if i had the right amount or not. he proceeded to ring up the movie and scanned the ecb's, which wasn't an issue since i'd said i wanted to do it that way. however, i didn't realize it wasn't as cheap as it should have been till AFTER i'd swiped my card. he had to void that sale out and redo it, making sure to get the right amount of ecb's first. we had to go through my purchases b/c the computer hadn't recognized the for whatever reason. we figured out it had shorted me 4 ecb, so he rang it up correctly this time. HOWEVER, after he scanned the dvd and put in the ecb's, the computer thought i'd paid full price for the dvd the first time (instead of $3 less), so i got refunded $7.50 in cash. when i said that wasn't right the casheir said no, it was fine. . . so yeah, it was interesting, to say the least. here's a picture of my spoils--

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment