Monday, March 19, 2012

rock candy results

i'm a couple days late on this, but on friday, we checked out what was going on w/ the rock candy we started the week before. it went better than expected - the whole stick was fused to the sides and bottom of the jar b/c there were SO MANY sugar crystals! even hacking away at it w/ a knife, i was only able to get a small portion of the stuff out for the kids to look at and taste. nonetheless, here are the pictures of our results:


Photobucket
the jar, after draining the remaining syrup. there's about an inch worth of sugar crystals on the bottom of the jar!
Photobucket
this was all i could get out w/out risking breaking the jar
Photobucket
scott, enjoying his "lollipop." both the boys loved eating the results of our experiment. trevor lost interest in the candy long before scott did though. go figure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment