Thursday, April 9, 2009

holy moley macaroni!

ok, so it wasn't macaroni, but close enough. my friend told me about a deal on pasta at publix that i decided was just too good to pass up - they PAY you 61 cents per box to get pasta! so yeah, today i went and got 20 boxes of pasta, plus some sour cream, shredded cheese, and a bag of easter candy and paid - wait for it - 27 CENTS! heck yeah! i saved $33.80! :D it's like christmas, i was so happy.

the best part was that it was fun for both trevor AND myself. we had to go to food lion to pull blinkies, which trevor thought was great fun - he'd sit there waiting for the coupon to pop out, asking me the whole time "out? out?" when it came out, he'd look at me expectantly till i told him "get it!" (i dunno why he thought he needed permission each time, but he did). then he'd yank it out and add it to the pile, clap his hands, and shout "yay!" and start the process all over again. we got 33 coupons today, and i'll be going to get more probably tomorrow. the whole thing is fun for me b/c i SO don't mind if a store wants to pay me to take food from them. :)

oh, and the only reason i stopped at 33 today was due to circumstances beyond my control. the first food lion we went to had the blinkie machine up high enough that trevor couldn't reach it while sitting in the cart, and no matter how hard i tried, i could NOT convince him to stand in it, so i had to hold him. we got 30 there before i got tired of that. so we went to another food lion in the hope that the machine would be on a lower shelf. it was, but after 3 coupons, it ran out, so there wasn't much i could do about that. trevor was disappointed, he kept asking me "out? all gone? out?" like he just didn't think that was fair. poor kid. at least this new fun game benefits me as well. . . :) i'll have to find a different food lion tomorrow b/c i don't wanna sit there holding him again, but i want more free pasta, dang it! :)

1 comment:

  1. What a deal, Evelyn! I loved reading about how you included Trevor in the adventure by letting him take out the coupons. What a cute boy!

    ReplyDelete